Sunday 15 February 2015

Day 2 of Writing

So, I decided to start this blog after I'd already started writing my book, but luckily, I've only been writing for two days so there isn't much to report. In those two days I've started and finished the first chapter.

Honestly, it was difficult to start the first chapter. I always find the beginning of things hard. One of my friends once said that things always become more complicated once they start existing, and I think that's so true. Because while a book lives in your head, it is yours and no one else's, and there is so much possibility. But once you begin to write it down, suddenly there's the opportunity to fail and the inner editor comes alive and there's doubt everywhere.

But there's no possibility of following your dream if you never start it. Which means writing. Taking all that brainstorming you've done and figuring out how to turn it into a story.

Day 1: 2100 words
Day 2: 1423 words

Total words written: 3523

No comments:

Post a Comment