Monday 16 February 2015

Day 3: Writing in Manageable Chunks of Time

I'm currently dealing with the Blizzards of 2015 (yes blizzards) and there is about seven feet of snow outside, so you would think I would be doing loads and loads of writing on this book. Especially since the trains are down and I can't really go anywhere. Not to work or the grocery store or even the bookstore.

I wish you were right.

That isn't to say I didn't write. I did. 794 words tonight, which means Chapter 2 has officially been started. But I also spent the day baking, making a virtual closet, painting a picture of sunflowers (badly), sewing a pillow, and cooking more food.

I wish I was one of those writers that could spend the whole entire day writing. That could see three or six or eight hours of open time and think, Yes, that's my writing time. I mean, I love to write, but I need it to be in small, manageable chunks. At least, right now I do while I'm still at the beginning. Maybe as I keep going that will change.

But little by little it goes. It's only been three days, so I'm still in the I'm-not-sure-if-this-is-working phase. It still feels new and totally scary and not at all solid. I'm hoping it will start to feel more real as I keep going.

Word written: 794
Total words written: 4317

No comments:

Post a Comment